All in-person free tax prep events are currently cancelled. Get online assistance at GetYourRefund.org.Learn More
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all in-person free tax prep events are currently cancelled. Get online assistance at GetYourRefund.org.
The decision to close our in-person site was based on California Governor Gavin Newsom’s announcement that residents isolate themselves, as well as the CDC’s recommendation to cancel any gatherings. On March 16, the White House took that step further by encouraging Americans to avoid social gatherings in groups of more than 10 people.
Of particular importance to us is to protect those individuals most vulnerable and limit the spread of the virus
What we know:
- Federal and California State tax return deadlines have been extended and are now due by Wednesday, July 15, 2020.
- The IRS will be sending Economic Impact Payments to many individuals. For the latest information about these payments, please visit https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments
What we recommend:
- Upload your documents securely at GetYourRefund.org and have a certified preparer complete your tax return.
- Prepare your tax returns at creditkarma.com, a free resource for preparing most basic tax returns for both federal and state filing.
What to expect:
- If conditions change before July 15, we hope to re-open select tax sites.
- If sites are able to re-open, some may stay open through September.
We will keep you posted with updates if the federal due date gets extended. We will continue to update this website as changes in recommendations throughout the tax season.
For more information about COVID-19 as it relates to Californians, please visit covid19.ca.gov
Thank you for your understanding during this unprecedented tax season. Please stay safe and healthy.